Discuss New member needs help with Porcelanosa in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I suppose technically they are. I think they do that to stop chipping ? You can go into any tile shop and see a rectified tile it don't look like that !! A 60x60 usually ends up bing 598x598 or smaller. You could ask @Lee@TileTown

W

WetSaw

At that price I would expect rectified tiles to be exactly that and I wouldn't accept that quality. You may need to speak to someone further up the food chain.

Q

Qwerty

Can you post up pics of the back side of 2 or 4 tiles please. This is the usual tell tale sign of ripping down large tiles

F

Flintstone

In my opinion, they are sold as, and bought as a premium tile for that class of tile, and what you have received isn’t a premium finish. I wouldn’t accept it.

P

P993

Agree. I’m just worried they are going to be difficult about returns, at least if their first reaction is anything to go by.

P

P993

At that price I would expect rectified tiles to be exactly that and I wouldn't accept that quality. You may need to speak to someone further up the food chain.

Agree. Hence was wondering if anyone has advice in terms of how to handle.

Reaction score
You are legally entitled to return items bought without explanation for I think 30 days
You actually have no legal right of return - unless there is a fault with the product/description/the way it was sold. I think that if these are sold as a rectified tile - then the customer has every right to return the tile.

I would certainly take that tile back if I sold it as rectified.

P

P993

Thanks. That is the plan!

Just spoke to Uncle Ray. Breath of fresh air. Very honest and sincere chap, who knows his stuff. Gonna try and pop in tomorrow.

Reply to New member needs help with Porcelanosa in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks