Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New Member Intro / Mosaic Expert in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

Ninja

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello everyone.
Having spent a chunk of work-life battling for others decided to go it alone and get stuck into tile full-time excuse the pun!. Covered a brief period plastering, however, found my home tile projects far more enjoyable.
I have a small job coming up involving Mosaic hmm.. Would appreciate a little advice in this area as well as a reliable cutting tool/tools for Glass Mosaic tiles these are 15 x 15 mm coming in 30.5 x 30.5 x 0.8mm sheets have curves to cut will be attempting not to make a total wreck of it:weary: Sure I'm going to have further questions and experiences to share throughout my journey looking forward to the next chapter..

OP
O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Asking for general advice on such a potentially complex subject won’t make it easy for members to advise you, you would probably need to be more specific.
The mosaic, are they 0.8cm thick (8mm) or actually 0.8mm? :arrowup::arrowup:

OP
N

Ninja

Hi 3_Fall - Thanks for getting back these are 0.8cm (8mm) thick, is there a recommended tool that will give a decent cut to a Glass Mosaic will then look to buy n practice before starting the job.

OP
O

Old Mod

Hi 3_Fall - Thanks for getting back these are 0.8cm (8mm) thick, is there a recommended tool that will give a decent cut to a Glass Mosaic will then look to buy n practice before starting the job.

So they’re 15mm x 15mm x 8mm on a 30.5 x 30.5cm sheet?
Mesh backed?
Paper or cellophane faced?

That’s awfully thick for such a small piece.
And you say you have curves to cope with?
As in what exactly?

OP
N

Ninja

Yep they are chunky and tiny with a mesh backing
Chromatic Purple Haze 15x15mm Mosaic Tile from a very well known retailer.
Have a Toilet cistern to get around being asked not to remove hence enquiry for a decent cutter that will do the job.

Reply to New Member Intro / Mosaic Expert in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock