Discuss New member from across the pond in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Stefan

TF
Reaction score
I do ok Stefan :)
So what type of work do you mainly do Stefan?
I do everything. Floors, stairs, showers, back splash. I've been doing a lot of floors because we had a big hurricane last year. Showers are my favorite, simply because I'm in one spot and I'm off my knees. How about you? Do you get a lot of new construction or a lot of remodels?

O

Old Mod

How about you? Do you get a lot of new construction or a lot of remodels?

Well currently in the U.K. there’s more remodelling going on than new builds it seems.
Lot of that has more than likely because of our leaving the European economic union and people are being cautious as to the knock on effect.
Personally, probably more on the side of the
remodel.
I work in a fairly niche market at the moment and there’s nothing about it that I could predict apart from,
Contractors and/or clients not understanding the intricacies of the product until they see for themselves, which invariably means a piece has to break and they have to witness it.
Only then it seems do their ears stand up and they take notice and realise it’s not JUST a big tile.
It’s so much more, and needs treating with total respect, and should never be underestimated.

Do you use preformed trays or build your own mud curbs?

Stefan

TF
Reaction score
Well currently in the U.K. there’s more remodelling going on than new builds it seems.
Lot of that has more than likely because of our leaving the European economic union and people are being cautious as to the knock on effect.
Personally, probably more on the side of the
remodel.
I work in a fairly niche market at the moment and there’s nothing about it that I could predict apart from,
Contractors and/or clients not understanding the intricacies of the product until they see for themselves, which invariably means a piece has to break and they have to witness it.
Only then it seems do their ears stand up and they take notice and realise it’s not JUST a big tile.
It’s so much more, and needs treating with total respect, and should never be underestimated.

Do you use preformed trays or build your own mud curbs?
I usually build my own shower pan. Or work off of one a plumber has already built (not recommended). I've never even worked with a preformed tray. Which do you prefer?

O

Old Mod

Which do you prefer?

Preformed all day long

23E230E7-351E-49E8-8F61-A957D24FE5C7.jpeg 54DBA405-EE23-4C9D-99F1-F21328EE72E1.jpeg

Reply to New member from across the pond in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks