Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New Grinder Time? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My trusted Bosch angle grinder has finally died on me. It's lasted me an age and took on everything I've thrown at it. Time for a new one.

Can anyone recommend a good one? Which one are you using and how do you find it?

O

Old Mod

Corded or battery?
Corded, still Bosch for me, I like the 700w cos it's small and easy to use one handed.
But I've just bought the 900 cos I needed a 110.
It's really good, quick release movable shroud and tons of grunt, but a fair bit bigger than the 700w
And I found it on amazon! :p:D

I

Italy

I 3 Bosch.
7 -115 / 7-115e / gtp with suction.
Another 125 mm rioby.
for me the new 7 -115 remains still the most manageable.
hold with one hand

1.9 kg 720w :)
upload_2016-7-16_13-4-56.jpeg

OP
J

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I actually have the older version of the 7-115 so seems logical to get the newer version.

Thing is no screwfix stores close to me stock it so I'd need to order online. They do have the Dewalt DWE4206 in stock tho which is the same price but has a bigger motor (1010w), a little smaller but slightly heavier.

Anyone use that?

T

Tile Shop

Got my first grinder this morning. Draper. ÂŁ23. For that price i couldn't really care less if on only get a few months out of it.

C

Concrete guy

Just a suggestion as you're buying a new machine. Get a 125mm (5") machine rather than a 115mm (4.5") machine.

It extends the number of blades and tools you can fit to it and gives you a 30mm + depth of cut if you had any thicker slabs of material to deal with.

We really only sell 115mm blade to the tile industry, most of our customers use 125mm.

Reply to New Grinder Time? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock