• Thread starter Alex Fthenakis
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K

Discuss New Dabbler Introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alex Fthenakis

Hi folks,
Thanks for having me. Thought I should introduce myself before I go start a couple threads related to my current dilemma.

I'm pretty good at a lot of things, but tiling is totally new to me - it's a byproduct of becoming a homeowner. Did my first repair job over the summer (with thanks to some things I found on this forum). Perhaps I'll share the photos/story at some point.

Woodwork is more my thing - I grew up around my grandparents' cabinetmaking shop and have spent a few years working as a scenic carpenter to a relatively high standard on (theatre/film/TV scenery, museum displays, tradeshow exhibits, etc.) I don't do it much anymore and I don't have access to a workshop either, but given the right resources I could still do most joinery projects to an acceptable trade-level standard.

Along the way I also picked up lots of other bits and pieces - I know enough to be dangerous in painting, plumbing, electrical, and rigging. But until the summer I was a tiling virgin. And I think when I can afford to I'll probably still pay a professional to do my tiling. But I enjoy learning and I like to be able to do things right when I do them. So I'm here. And now I'm away to the tiling forum to figure out how big a mess I'm currently in!

Thanks,
Alex

O

One Day

Hi Alex and welcome. I've always found that good joiners make good tilers.
Me? I'm a half-decent tiler who longs to work with wood more than I do. I really want a workshop!

Reply to New Dabbler Introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks