Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Trade Tiler for Tiling Tools

Before you post a new thread about manual tile cutters and which one to get, checkout the existing Manual Tile Cutter Threads.

Discuss New cutter, Montolit or Sigma or Battipav in the Tiling Tools Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. tilen2009

tilen2009 Member of Tilers Forums

Hi guys.
    A few years ago i bought cheap tile cutter from local store. Now i found out that it cuts a bit off and also a new wheel is needed. Wheels i can not find anywhere. So i'm in the market for new cutter. It is time to step up, so i need your advice/recommendation. Montolit vs. sigma vs. battipav. What size should i buy? I do like tiling, i do it for myself and family but am not professional. Battipav (Profi Alu Battipav manual tile cutter - FerramentaWeb - https://www.ferramentaweb.com/en/tile-cutters/435-profi-alu-battipav-manual-tile-cutter.html#/modello_tagliapiastrelle_profi_alu_battipav-tagliapiastrelle_profi_100_alu) is a bit interesting, mainly because of the price. What do you guys think? Is anyone here that uses it? Thanks a lot.

2. Adey1980

Adey1980 Professional Tiler

I personally use montolit cutters, and there are many different opinions which is the best cutter.
    The best advice I would give is for you to pop into your local stores and have a try of the different cutters and see which one you feel comfortable using

• Like Like x 1
  3. tilen2009

Adey, thanks for your reply. The only thing is that in may area i can only try Kaufmann and Montolit. And that is it. No sigmas, no rubis, no battipavs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rosco100

Rosco100 Professional tiler Professional Tiler

I use a battipav 100 most days and love the lightness compared to others and have sold a few with no complaints

• Like Like x 1
  5. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

A Sigma can do all that any other brand can do except with more ease, but no other brand can do all that a Sigma can do never mind how easy it may be. I’ve yet to meet a professional tiler that has honestly tried all the above brands that doesn’t choose Sigma. Hands down it’s the best there is in manual tile cutters!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tilen2009

Thanks for your input guys. What about the lenght of a cutter? Do i need 100 cm? Greetings from Slovenia.

8. Gerard

Gerard Active Member

I use the sigma art 3d 93cm I bought it 8 years ago and it's still on it's original wheel there the best tiling tools on the market.
    I also have a sigma 10m9 I bought it last year I upgraded from my old sigma wet saw which I had 10 years and it was second hand when I bought it it's a great saw.
    Buy the sigma and it will last you a lifetime

• Like Like x 1