Discuss New competition!! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Afternoon everyone,
as the thread title suggests there's a new competition or two on the horizon!

Thing is, we don't know what it is yet! :D

This is where you guys come in......
We're looking for fairly sensible ideas of what to do.
The main criteria is that it must be available to EVERYONE, even for non members who may join the forum just to participate.
So competitions involving a high degree of tiling skill, are not what we're after.
More along the lines of guess the weight of a half used bag of adhesive, the value of some coins in a bottle or indeed 'That tilers got talent' :p

So please anyone and everyone please make some suggestions.
When we have a selection we can then make up a poll and vote on your ideas.

There will be prizes from sponsors available to winners. :)

Really hope you get involved.
Oh and just one more thing, remember, this is a public forum!

Marc.

Q

Qwerty

'Guess the moderators van mileage'......guess the combined weekly mileage of the forum staff main works vehicles (Marc you will have to use a pedometer or phone app and we can work out roughly your mileage! :p)
Deadline could be say 8pm on a Sunday so chances are we will all be in and online then.

O

One Day

Dan asked for written contributions recently (editorial / blog style?).
How about prizes for best written contributions? Anything from reviews to technical advice?

O

Old Mod

'Guess the moderators van mileage'......guess the combined weekly mileage of the forum staff main works vehicles (Marc you will have to use a pedometer or phone app and we can work out roughly your mileage! :p)
Deadline could be say 8pm on a Sunday so chances are we will all be in and online then.
Haha kool Geoff!
Good ideas mate, but I expect nothing less from the
HTMTS Fundraiser! :p

O

Old Mod

Dan asked for written contributions recently (editorial / blog style?).
How about prizes for best written contributions? Anything from reviews to technical advice?
Yeah good idea Imp, I'd worry it would limit the number of entries, not everyone has the confidence to write an article.
But definitely a good idea none the less, and will be added to the poll. :thumbsup:

T

Tile Shop

APPLE BOBBIN'! film it and post the videos. 1 minute, stick 10 apples into your favourite (cleaned out) mixing bucket, or "acceptable bucket" of your choosing (gotta say a minimum 10-15 litre bucket filled to at least 3/4) , prizes for say.... top 5? If anyone gets the 10 they get a "10 Bob" tag.

Winner will be whoever does the most, and any dead heats will be time based, like whoever got their first one the quickest, or in the instance of more than one person getting all 10, whoever did it in the quickest time.

O

Old Mod

thinking-023.GIF
@Paul C.
Sounds tricky and involved!
Ooow! Tell you what, do a demo for us, quite often things are easier to grasp if they're demonstrated.
You know, monkey see-monkey do! :D

T

Tile Shop

thinking-023.GIF
@Paul C.
Sounds tricky and involved!
Ooow! Tell you what, do a demo for us, quite often things are easier to grasp if they're demonstrated.
You know, monkey see-monkey do! :D

Oh.... I see.... Some people have suddenly forgotten how its done have they? How tricky can apple bobbing be???? for you old'uns maybe ;)

Ok, I'll take one for the team.... I'll pop a video up in the next few days........ If I really must :)

But if this takes off, it'll be hilarious

O

Old Mod

Oh.... I see.... Some people have suddenly forgotten how its done have they? How tricky can apple bobbing be???? for you old'uns maybe ;)

Ok, I'll take one for the team.... I'll pop a video up in the next few days........ If I really must :)

But if this takes off, it'll be hilarious
....Paul, I tip my hat to you! ;)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Last couple of months have been injury free which is unusual for me.
Even managed 3 back to back 3 splashies without cracking my nut once.
Can't help feeling I'm overdue a bad one !

T

Tile Shop

Well unless you do you haven't got a hope of winning your own competition :)

Unless you're just setting it up to laugh at other people, and if so, thats just mean!

But yeah, funny too :tonguewink:

Reply to New competition!! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks