Discuss New bathroom - Acceptable tiling? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tilerdurden

Funny thing is , tiling is probably the hardest trade to get right , but second to painting and decorating , the one that most people.ignore or take for granted.
Tiling is the face of any project , not an afterthought , when will people learn

Finishing trades get left all the rubbish too. Yeah the tiler will fix that. Yeah the painter will sort that. All trades should take pride in their work.

T

Tilerdurden

Yeah hate to say it but I agree, rough as it comes. The man has no pride in his work. And shouldnt class himself as a tiler. He didn't advertise as handy man did he you know the type can lay bricks plaster do basic plumbing, electrical tiling and roofing.......never trust them guys.

Like Bruce lee once said "I don't fear the man who's practiced 10000 kicks once I fear the man who's practiced one kick 10000 times" no I've not been drinking it makes perfect sense. Stick to what you know and do it right.

C

clint dennis

Hi all,

I've got someone doing my bathroom and yesterday they finished tiling. I've been going through the result and I'm not impressed with the quality.

Can you have a look and tell me if I'm too picky?

My issues:
- Some of the tiles are chipped (average sized finger for scale)
- In the far areas (far corner and top edge) they're not cut off straight.
- You can see one that's glued with a lot of adhesive and that changed the line on the wall.
- In a corner they don't match the height.

I've seen a lot of comments around how the grout will fix things. Would that apply to me? Would these issues be less visible through grouting? We are looking at a light grout (silver/ light grey).

Thanks,
George

View attachment 91620 View attachment 91621 View attachment 91622 View attachment 91623 View attachment 91624 View attachment 91625 View attachment 91626 View attachment 91627 View attachment 91628
uncalibrated slate tiles not the best to buy i personally wouldn,t have taken the job on

G

georgechi

Yeah, just checked. They're porcelain.

IMG_1899.JPG

C

clint dennis

looks like your tiler should buy a level next must have put the cut edge as the leading edge.live and learn they say atb in getting it resolved

T

Tommythetiler80

Wow mate that really is poor job,hope you get it all sorted and get the job rectified. But I guess it does pose the question would you get a tiler to build a house? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I left a job like that.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got someone doing my bathroom and yesterday they finished tiling. I've been going through the result and I'm not impressed with the quality.

My issues:
- You can see one that's glued with a lot of adhesive and that changed the line on the wall.

I've seen a lot of comments around how the grout will fix things. Would that apply to me? Would these issues be less visible through grouting? We are looking at a light grout (silver/ light grey).

Thanks,
George

View attachment 91620 View attachment 91621 View attachment 91622 View attachment 91623 View attachment 91624 View attachment 91625 View attachment 91626 View attachment 91627 View attachment 91628
I would ask for my money back..that is terrible work

Reaction score
Hi all,

My issues:

Thanks,
George

Looks like he snipped the "cuts" and closed his eyes and guessed the mitre angles..poor,very poor work

G

Gareth Raines

Sorry but if the Tiler doesn't rectify his work. Hold back the payment the workmanship is far from acceptable,and if you have already made payment ask for a full refund.

Deane

TF
Reaction score
That door gap concerns me....nah the whole thing is a concern......hate to see the size of the silicone join........

Reply to New bathroom - Acceptable tiling? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks