Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss new 2009 Rubi tx 700 review in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi

i know alot of people on here use rubi on here so i thought you might want a little review on the new alloy based rubi tx 700..

i had originally ordered one for £339 but when i went into Tile Giant they were selling the new version for £250 inc vat!!!!

i went for the tx700 this time and not the N version and imo i'am glad i did because the measuring arm can be a bit of a pain in enclosed areas, whereas the basic verson has a built in stop end so theres no need to attach the guide in you dont want to

the basic difference is the reduced weight, the alloy base and the sprung alloy bed which is a big improvement on the old metal/sponge version that had some issues. they have also built in alloy side support bars which means theres even less to assemble or lose!!

the rails and breaker are the same so you dont lose any of the cutting/breaking power. the one downside is that considering the bed and base are now alloy, there isnt much of a weight difference to the old version but it is a couple of pounds lighter so it all helps but the quality is definately improved so all in all it has moved on and thats the most important thing to remember..i think this cutter is what rubi does best so its horses for course etc.

i have enclosed a link because i think it does it more justice than my amateur pics.....so if like me and your at the end of your tax year and you want to upgrade some tools etc then its definately worth cashing in on your old one at that price of £250.

http://www.rubi.com/videos/playvideo.php?video=TX

i tend to just use a ts40 and tx700 now and it covers most tile situations...

all the best

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

DHTiling

needpics.gif

OP
D

diamondtiling

That vid might just have changed my mind about rubi, it sure looks a capable bit of kit, I have never been a fan of push cutters and I did not like the cut and then pull a separate lever on my old but hardly used TS 60, I might give rubi a second chance.

Reaction score
I got the tx700n 2009 model at the beginning of December and one of the best tool decisions i've ever made - tremendous bit of kit....

OP
R

Richardk

It would be good if there was somewhere you could try out several of the different types (Rubi, Monti, Sigma etc) before getting your cheque book out.

Reaction score
That would be this forum me thinks Richard - although you won't actually physically use them, yo can always get good advice and opinions as well as pros and cons of all tools here before diving in....

OP
R

Richardk

That would be this forum me thinks Richard - although you won't actually physically use them, yo can always get good advice and opinions as well as pros and cons of all tools here before diving in....

I know but if you check all the posts in all the various forums like I have, you still get conflicting opinions.

OP
S

Stan001

The new TX certainly looks the mutts, I have the old metal base TX700N, its an excellent cutter. Believe it or not I chose it because I can leave the angle measure off the top (I flip mark and offset rather than measure so the rotating end stop is only good for multiple same edge cuts for me – and I don’t think they ever are), I couldn’t do that so easy with the standard model.
I have not had any problem with the sponge loaded base, does anyone know if the spring loaded from the new model can be inserted into the old model if I ever do?

OP
W

White Room

The new TX certainly looks the mutts, I have the old metal base TX700N, its an excellent cutter. Believe it or not I chose it because I can leave the angle measure off the top (I flip mark and offset rather than measure so the rotating end stop is only good for multiple same edge cuts for me – and I don’t think they ever are), I couldn’t do that so easy with the standard model.
I have not had any problem with the sponge loaded base, does anyone know if the spring loaded from the new model can be inserted into the old model if I ever do?

I did once when I left the cutter in the van on a hot day, it was left in the box sitting upright and the plates moved away from there position.
A bugger to get them back in place.

OP
S

Stan001

humm - thx for that, i never heard of that. Do you know if the spring loaded plates can be retrofitted whitebeam?

Reply to new 2009 Rubi tx 700 review in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock