Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Nett 9 day plastering course - excellent!!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
NETT 9 DAY PLASTERING COURSE - EXCELLENT!!!

Hi All, just to let you know I've just completed the 9 day plastering course at NETT. Firstly I should say that prior to walking in I've never held a plasterers trowel in my life!!! So although completely green from a skill perspective, I am very particular about high standards of finish and really annoyed about poor finishes I've had to suffer on work people have done for me in the past.

I was amazed at how quickly Derek the instructor had us working the trowel and skimming to a really high standard. I'm really impressed with the course content, the speed and how Derek imparts his 30 years of skill, technique and experience in to my hands and work during the 9 days. The 4 day course covered all of the essential and critical knowledge and theory required, with an appropriate amount of practice, the 2nd week really builds on that skill, and I was amazed at how much cleaner, quicker and efficiently I was working, as were the other lads around me. Some of us had no experience, some were already tradesmen looking to hone and improve skills. I don't deny that plastering is a skill that takes years to master, and I do not want to take anything away from the many skilled and time-served plasterers making a successful professional living, however I am really amazed and pleased with what I have learnt. I am really conservative and generally won't take anything on unless I am super confident. I initially only did the plastering course to supplement the tile in case I needed to do repair work etc - I had reliability issues in the past getting people to turn up so learning the basics myself means I don't have to rely on others to get on with the tile element. You could argue that this course is a bit belt and braces just for that, but having completed the course, I now intend to advertise plastering as a skill as well, so that should give you an indication of how effective this course really is.

If you're in 2 minds about the Friday course, all I can say is that I will only need to do 1 job relating to what I learnt and the course will have paid for itself. I never thought twice about coving but 1st job for tomorrow is to knock up a model example like Derek's of potential designs - that itself is worth its weight in gold from an advertising and marketing perspective.

Thank you Derek - really impressed, can't wait to get out there working, 1st job is a massive double length through room - artexed walls and ceilings, all high ceilings, not a straight wall to be seen, real pig of a job, should be a challenge but nothing I'm not capable or skilled to tackle thanks to what I learnt.

NETT is a highly professional training centre - I'm returning next month to do the plumbing course.

Hope that helps, thanks, Simon.

OP
K

kgbviktor

Well done mate,you certainly seemed to have enjoyed the training,another happy NETT customer!!

OP
A

ADRIANSWALLS

Good luck with the artex room mate. If it were me i'd overboard the ceiling and scrape bond and skim the walls.

Reply to Nett 9 day plastering course - excellent!!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock