Discuss Need a new wet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking around for a new cutter and would appreciate some recommendations. Is the dewalt 2400 still the best in class?

Any others that are better value for money? Any other considerations or experiences very much appreciated

G

GoneGuy

I've got a Rubi nd200 it does well I had one problem with it but all sorted now,
It's does come down to what blade you use and maintenance of your machine and blade

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Fully agree a good blade is so important. With the 2400 it's been around for a while I think. Any news on a newer model coming out.

What sort of tiles are you guys curing with it. How does it deal with them?

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
dewalt is a lovely bit of kit, my only beef...(and its not very often it happens) is that sometimes the motor support arm on the left limits the cut to about 300mm. ive noticed it happening a lot more with tiles getting bigger and bigger. apart from that tip top. just fitted the DNA blade to mine

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. How do you get around that issue with the limiting of cuts by the support arm? What is the max cut that the dwalt can do? As you say tiles are getting bigger and bigger.

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. How do you get around that issue with the limiting of cuts by the support arm? What is the max cut that the dwalt can do? As you say tiles are getting bigger and bigger.
If you're predominately working with nothing over 300 x 600 or 600 x 600 then its not a problem as you can get a 300mm cut without touching the arm. although if you were working with a 900 x 900 for instance then in theory you may need a 450mm cut, then it fouls on the arm. you can get over this by doing two cuts to get to your required size... but that's wasteful. I got over it by getting this as I was using 1200 x 600. hope this helps.
chris

IMG_2235.PNG

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for that Chris. What's the next cutter up from the 2400 that would cope with bigger tiles? I'm thinking cutting diagonals on larger tiles.

Angle grinder?

Those guys with the dwalt what do you do for larger tiles?

Last edited:
T

Time's Ran Out

Can't cut stone on a Rubi!
By that I mean I only use the Rubi dry rail type for Victorian and porcelain, never had a Rubi wet cutter since 1990.
Ever since I bought the Dewalt off Mr Howe I've never wanted anything else. I'am a simple soul with few desires .

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Looks like a dwalt for me then. What do you Cit with it on terms of tile type / thickness What other cutting tools do you guys use?

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for that Chris. What's the next cutter up from the 2400 that would cope with bigger tiles? I'm thinking cutting diagonals on larger tiles.

Angle grinder?

Those guys with the dwalt what do you do for larger tiles?
you can get a surprisingly good cut with an angle grinder... blade/disc permitting of course. a lot of tile fixers use them as their main cutting tool, ive done it but tend to scribe it first with my sigma. There's a lots of info on this site regarding blades/discs.
goods luck

Reply to Need a new wet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks