Discuss Nattow Kitchen Floor Tile Layout in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LloydsPlastering&Tiling

Hi guys. I am tiling a kitchen floor monday and was hoping for a second opinion on the layout. The area to be tiled is 1.4 x 4 with a dog leg at one the internal door end. Tiles are 600 x 300 polished porcs to run brick bond. I suggested they should be layed lengthways paralell to the worktops. Customer was adviced by the tile shop to lay them perpendicular. Just worried that would make a narrow space seem even narrower. Thanks.

20151126_115025.jpg

U

Unused Account 1

You gave the customer the best advice ,its upto them at the end ofthe day ,it will look good either way ,

O

Old Mod

for me, parralell to units will elongate floor space making it narrower,
Running perpendicular will shorten the space, making it wider.
But as above, put decision in clients hands.

goz

TF
Reaction score
No right or wrong, I usually see what looks best from the doorways, sometimes you want to see the brick bond effect as you walk into the room

J

J Sid

Call the customer and ask them to lay some tiles dry on the floor in two areas using both options and live with it for the weekend. You will find they will know what feels best to them by the time you start on Monday :)

If they still can't decide then there's no hope ;)

L

LloydsPlastering&Tiling

Okay thanks for the replys i will lay out a few tiles before i start fixing and leave it up to her.

L

LloydsPlastering&Tiling

Im picking up the tiles monday morning! They will just have to make there minds up in the time it takes me to set up haha.

Reply to Nattow Kitchen Floor Tile Layout in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks