Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Myson Micro Board piped heating boards.. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Evening all,

Just been to see a job where the customer is wanting to use this system over existing concrete floors.

New one on me and had a quick Google but all Myson literature is very basic and vague.

Anyone had any experience of it?

If so, is it just an adhesive fix down to a satisfactorily flat floor?

MicroBoard by MYSON - http://www.myson.co.uk/products/microboard.asp

O

Old Mod

Are you fitting it merl?
Sorry I don't know you very well so I don't know if you have a plumbing background.
It just looks like Polypipe overlay to me.
You'd need to find out if it's a gypsum based or cement based board, then you'll know how to prep it for tile.
I agree, their tech sheet is next to useless! Haha

OP
M
Reaction score
Are you fitting it merl?
Sorry I don't know you very well so I don't know if you have a plumbing background.
It just looks like Polypipe overlay to me.
You'd need to find out if it's a gypsum based or cement based board, then you'll know how to prep it for tiling.
I agree, their tech sheet is next to useless! Haha

Im not doing the plumbing element of the works but ive said id rather prep the concrete and install the boards for the plumber to pipe it up prior to tiling. Do you adhesive fix the Polypipe boards?

OP
M
Reaction score

Looks virtually the same except colour Julian.
The plumber is supplying the system so would rather leave it to him.
Do you need to self level over the pipes before tiling?

J

J Sid

just prep floor as if tile it, prime underside if boards with a acrylic prime, once dry stick down with cement based https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
fix pipes in and prime top side. I normally uncouple with Ditra, other may use a different make and tile away.
a very good price as well

O

Old Mod

If you get the chance, pressurise system before the slc, that way when slc dries and system is drained you'll have a little room for expansion of pipes down the line. Pressurise as high as you can.

OP
M
Reaction score
If you get the chance, pressurise system before the slc, that way when slc dries and system is drained you'll have a little room for expansion of pipes down the line. Pressurise as high as you can.

Will be installed alling the boards and leaving to for the plumber to pipe up and commission mate, then will return to SLC and tile. Cheers for the tip.!

Reply to Myson Micro Board piped heating boards.. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock