Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

2. ismoat Building Products

Discuss Multi room floor leveling in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Wishiwasatoptiler

Wishiwasatoptiler I'm either plastered or out on the tiles Professional Tiler

Hi All
    Looking for some tips on mulitiroom leveling. As it is it looks like the kitchen has the highest point with the floor dipping into the utility and then into the hall again dips.
    I'm wondering how others tackle these jobs.
    The kitchen will need a liquid dpm so my usual way of drilling and plugging and screws to find levels cant be used either. Floors are sound concrete in an old farm cottage. No ufh.

Best liquid dpm and any advise on prep for layng slc on top of it?

What steps do others use to determine their levels in multiroom?

What do others use to set there levels.? I.E Screw heads etc.
    Any help, advise and tips much appriciated.

Thanks
    D

2. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Flooring suppliers offer a better range of Dpms and levellers as they’re more commonly used in that trade. It all depends what brands you have available. My first choice would be Ardex, but F Ball, Tremco, Uzin, Mapei etc all do good systems. Just make sure that you stick with one brand for all the products.
    As regards to the levels, if you can’t plug and screw reference points then simply silicone plastic packets in place through the whole floor, set off your laser datum and allow to dry. If the floors really rough a coat of Ardex NA before the DPM would be the first thing to do, then apply your DPM, once dry set your packers and then level up in however many coats are needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. John Benton

John Benton Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Plastic packers siliconed or a surface level laser if you have one

4. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Grid it level with s&c rails then just fill in grids with slc at your leisure

• Like Like x 1
  5. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

As above. I’ve used Tilemaster epoxy dpm, very solid once set. You prime plus grip it then you can level on top. What m2 are we talking ?

6. peteablard

peteablard Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

I use plastic packers stuck down with silicone.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Andystiletiling

Andystiletiling Professional Tiler

Set laser up and mark on a staff highest point, use joiners packers or spacers stacked up till they hit mark on staff then stuck with a hot glue gun.. Ultra do a decent two part liquid dpm, roughly get about 8sqm out of a kit..

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wishiwasatoptiler

Cheers fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wishiwasatoptiler

Its not that large local. Around 35m2. First muti room.

10. Wishiwasatoptiler

Cheers john. What surface laser do you use. I have seen a bosch one but is there a better one.

11. Wishiwasatoptiler

Thansk Lee for this. Some great info. I tend to use CTD so will check what they have. I like ardex so will see if i can source theirs. It seem a lot of folk glue ref points so will defo be going down that route. Can't believe i never thought to do that before.
    Cheers
    D

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  12. John Benton

I use the Bosch gsl2

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wishiwasatoptiler

Screenshot_20180318-185014.png

Found this one on evay. Says its new but missing the glasses.pic shows it has the target. Do they all come with remote john

14. John Benton

They don’t, there’s a choice with or without remote, I chose without when I purchased, it’s easy enough to rotate, remote would be easier on much larger areas

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wishiwasatoptiler

Do you the glassses. Just had a google and the remotes are 70 pounds, not sure they can be an add on