Discuss Mould/mildew resistant grout silicone sealant question in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

what

What make is the most proven currently available mold / mildew resistant white grout and also white silicon sealant ? - is there something which will last forever ?

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What make is the most proven currently available mold / mildew resistant white grout and also white silicon sealant ? - is there something which will last forever ?
Not sure about which grout will give you best performance, however , There is a silicone sealant called forever white , by a company called everbuild. They claim it is guaranteed to stop black mould. It's got a 10 year guarantee not to discolour due to mould growth.

T

Time's Ran Out

Dow Corning for sealant.
Epoxy white would be the longest without discolouration.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The secret is not to lick your finger to smooth the silicone, as a lot of people do. You immediately put bacteria from your saliva into the silicone. Use a finishing tool for a superior even bead.

D

Dumbo

The secret is not to lick your finger to smooth the silicone, as a lot of people do. You immediately put bacteria from your saliva into the silicone. Use a finishing tool for a superior even bead.
I don't agree I've been on a special diet to get my fingers the correct fatness for finishing silicone and now I have achieved optimimum fatness they work better than finishing tool as you get superior feed back of feel .

O

One Day

all anti mould silicones simply inhibit the growth of mould 'within' the silicone. Same with grouts.
mould can and will grow ON anything, so rinsing and cleaning is key here.
epoxy is best for maintenance.

Reply to Mould/mildew resistant grout silicone sealant question in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks