Discuss Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

Just been trying to book accommodation at the Hilton in Stoke.
Apparently there is no Hilton in Stoke.:smilewinkgrin:
Looking for a B&B in the region of £10 a night - used to get 4* for that when I worked away.
Will have to see if there is a Youth Hostel nearby in the peak district, bit cold for the tent.
.....and a bit old for a Youth Hostel!:lol:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

:lol::lol::lol: TJ, I used to be the oldest swinger in town, I'm to old now:thumbsdown:

D

doug boardley

:yikes:ahemmm guys "swinger" has a totally different meaning these days!:yikes::yikes:

T

Hey Doug, I know what swingers are, I lived in a very close community, for a long time. They are trapeze artists, are they not.:lol:

U

user123

I'm right looking forward to meeting you guys.. :lol: you make me feel positively young! I won't be online much, going to Colchester (at the Hythe Studio) email me for more info) and London from Friday so if those of you who are coming have any more questions, please email me as soon as possible and I'll answer as soon as possible, too. Starting time on both courses 10 am, until 5 pm in Colchester, 4:30 pm in Stoke-on-Trent, in the Gladstone Pottery Museum one hour lunch (there is a cafe on site as well as free parking) and short 5 minute breaks in between, bring as many different pens as you can, some scissors, and a drawing pad, A4 or A3, we will provide the rest. sounds like paly school :lol: but trust me this is good stuff!

Bedtime now, night all :)

U

user123

all working again now, took it to the garage, the motor had gone, happens sometimes theys said and put me a new one in, all sorted! :) Saad anme driving from Scarborough to Colchester tomorrow, busy times, think of us, lovely people and I'll see some of you, soon! :hurray:

U

user123

oops that above post should have been in my car thread... :lol:

ANYhow, we still have three places left in Stoke-on-Trent, the Colchester course was amazing, Saad has so much teaching to offer that for me to facilitate what he is doing is really the way to go, what a clever man he is. This will increase your mosaic options, and dare I say creative tiling, or the ability to add clever features to your tiling like you would not believe, cutting tiles will never be the same again, nor will you be in any way worried about how to achieve effects you could until now only dream of. If you can make it, move heaven and earth to get there, really worthwhile.

Gladstone Pottery museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Sat+Sunday Oct 30th +31st 2010, 10 am - 4:30pm (conference room must be vacated by 4:45pm)

T

First day of the course is over, it was awesome can't wait to learn some more tomorrow. Saad and Gisela are fantastic people. If anyone gets a chance to attend this course in the future, I would highly recommend it, and I'm not artistic:thumbsup:

T

I would like to say a big thank you, to Gisela and Saad. These two are true artists, and very nice people. The course was fantastic, I learned more than I could have dreamed. Nice to have met TJ for the first time, he has been hiding his talents, he did a mock mosaic from coloured paper, using the techniques we had been shown, It was awesome! but in keeping with his sence of humour It was blood shot:lol:

Maybe Gisela will put some pics up for us, I would rcommend this course to anyone. Thanks again Gisela and Saad.:thumbsup:

T

Sorry my post should have read He made a mock mosaic (eye) the eye was blood shot.:oops:

Reply to Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks