Discuss Mixing Manufacturers in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I understand best practice and the need to cover myself if something gos wrong so I think I will be going Mapei primer and SLC and adheasive even though i have enough leftover tilemaster primer and adhesive for the job (DIY ) the problem is the SLC needs to be outdoors spec and tilemaster dont domone and I don't see any other tiling jobs I need to do so the all tilemaster I have will be binned but what about grout can I use my tilemaster grout with mapei adheasive.

W

WetSaw

No problem using different grout and , IMHO, it's such a small area I wouldn't worry yourself too much about using a different manufacturers primer providing it is suitable for your use, i.e exterior.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Thanks I had it in my own mind that using the same grout is a little ott. As the mapei primer G is ony about £8 I don't mind buying that extra but then can I use tilemaster addy on top of that (2.8x2.7 ) half of which will have Mapei P4 SLC on it.

Last edited:
W

WetSaw

20180515_095815.png

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Oh I missed that thank you so much, looks like I need the sp ? one I keep reading about in the P4 SLC info.
I will look int the sp

Filip

TF
Reaction score
HOLD EVERYTHING !!
Just got off the phone to Tilemaster and they say I am ok to use Flexi level outside. The specs say Under certain conditions, Tilemaster FlexiLevel is suitable for use externally.
So phoned and was told that in my case it is ok to use so long as.
Tiled on top
Not a permanently wet area, can get wet but needs to dry out inbetween.

Reply to Mixing Manufacturers in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks