Discuss Minimum tile adhesive depth for over tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I posted previously about a tiling job that has gone a bit wrong. One wall either needs to come off or ideally be tiled over.

The problem with tiling over is a concern that the quadrant shower cubicle may not fit. The shower cubicle has 20mm of adjustment, but 5mm already used, so 15mm left.

The tiles are porcelain, 25cm x 25cm x8mm

The tile adhesive used for the first tiling is Bondit rapid flex and have plenty left. Doesn't have to be.

I have no idea what tile adhesive depth would be used for this application.

Is it easily achievable, tight or impossible?

One person suggested putting cladding on the wall.

To be honest I'm in a bit of a mess with it all.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Has anybody taken tiles off plasterboard that have been put on with a tile adhesive. How easily do they come off? Any advice on method/tools to get them off with least damage. Looks like my bank holiday weekend is sorted.

Reaction score
unfortunately you will not save the plasterboard from damage take it straight back to the studwork or brick & recover with a decent 10/12mm backerboard

D

Dumbo

Easier to try not to save the plaster board.
Plaster board is cheap easy to replace .

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes I have the result below needed stripping and reboarding you wont save it . Kop

Screenshot_20190503-144014_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20190503-143959_Photos.jpg

Reply to Minimum tile adhesive depth for over tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks