Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Method For Fixing Marmox Or Hardie To Walls. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Having never done it, can you guys advise on a rough step by step guide for fixing marmox or hardie to different kinds of wall.

For studded and skimmed walls and for brick walls both plastered and not plastered. Need to know about the gluing and screwing for both instances.

Thanks in advance.

OP
T

Tile Shop

I've got a copy of that.... i think. But it doesnt mention plaster. Stud looks like if plastered rip it down and start from scratch. But brick walls, glue it to level it like you would on a floor then screw though to the brick, or knock it all off?

Reason i ask is i had a guy today, sent a pic of the walls round his bath. They were plastered but even though i asked him to knock them to see if they were solid, he couldn't give me a straight answer as to what the main substrate was. He didn't know if it sounded hollow or not???? I told him i couldn't advise further until he gave me the right info. So chipping the plaster might be his best option then take if from there?

Sounded like a dithery old fart. Hope he sees sense and gets someone in!

OP
O

Old Mod

Well wouldn't u have to ask why he wants to board plaster?
If it's in that bad shape it should come off anyway.
But these boards should be mechanically fixed, as well as stuck.

Reply to Method For Fixing Marmox Or Hardie To Walls. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock