Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Metal face tiles................ in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Will a wet cutter cut these metal tiles, got a kitchen to do and wondering about getting round the sockets, and what's the best grout to use...

IMG_20190227_192656.jpg

IMG_20190227_192640.jpg

D

Dumbo

Now this is one my petty hates at the moment bloomin mosaics from topps tiles glass tiles with the odd random metal faced one put in here and there . Last one I looked at I just thought no , not happening .

Q

Qwerty

I always prefer Mapei UCP with glass or metal mosaics. Sets up firmer in the joint and goes off quicker. Less grittier too

O

Old Mod

Ardex FS grout Andy, very fine and smooth, doesn’t normally scratch metal.
I’ve also used ultra thin aluminium cutting blade on a grinder to cut them.
Make sure you test a piece first Andy, sometimes they can tarnish cos of the heat generated by disc.
And some can not be cut at all.
Porcelanosa do a metal mosaic that can’t actually be cut. You have to make them fit the space.
I’d try to open and close sheets as much as possible to avoid as much cutting as possible.

Reply to Metal face tiles................ in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock