Discuss Mesh And Resin/glue Backed Stone. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd assume they're cheaper and they can make a few quid more.

Tilers need to just point blank refuse to fit them. Or recommend the customers swaps tiles. Or something.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd assume they're cheaper and they can make a few quid more.

Tilers need to just point blank refuse to fit them. Or recommend the customers swaps tiles. Or something.

That is exactly why , 10mm and 12mm is cheaper in the long run than say 15mm to 18mm stone , so it's thick enough not to fracture along the fissures.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
So on this project , the customer to switched to porcs..

image.jpg

T

Tap Dancer

That's a good question and I'm sure we can't be the only ones ...
Hi Dave , just read your post and now very concerned with a large job I'm about to start , earlier today I unpacked 3 crates of 60 x 60 polished marble that my customer bought on line , my first concern was they were 20mm thick and secondly they had a mesh backing , the plan was to go with BAL PTB Fibre plus but after reading your informative post I just dinny ken what to do

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
20160626_140615.jpg I'm actually using this resin and mesh backed marble from porcelanosa I'm using tilemaster semi rapid mixed with the flex master add mix but it's fooking awful to work with its sets in 20 mins and it's like spreading pva mixed with sand I can't wait to be off the damn job

D

Dumbo

So surely those mosaics which are all glue on the back must be the same . Always wondered about that .

demi34

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We had problem with the marble with mesh backed. We lay 120 sqm last year with underfloor heating,customer phone me and said 5 tiles start moving.

Reply to Mesh And Resin/glue Backed Stone. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks