Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning tilers, I did my back yesterday and it nearly put me on the deck, I’m in a bad way. Going to try and get booked in with the Physio today. Can barely move

OP
F

Flintstone

Weak core muscles which in turn has caused me to pull some muscles in my lower back. Got some core muscle, lumbar stabilisation excercises to do and return in 3 weeks. Your lower spine has for example 6 movement points which all move the same amount when you bend your back, curved where as mine, one of them is more of a pivot point than the others because the muscles aren’t holding it all tight and that is probably why I’ve pulled back mucles. For the long term they need strengthening basically

OP
D

Dumbo

Weak core muscles which in turn has caused me to pull some muscles in my lower back. Got some core muscle, lumbar stabilisation excercises to do and return in 3 weeks. Your lower spine has for example 6 movement points which all move the same amount when you bend your back, curved where as mine, one of them is more of a pivot point than the others because the muscles aren’t holding it all tight and that is probably why I’ve pulled back mucles. For the long term they need strengthening basically
You will going to Pilates then . Do they spandex in your size .

OP
S

Spare Tool

Worse thing ever back pain Andy, did mine before christmas and Geoff @Plan Tec Tiling told me about a support belt..ActiveBak by clever yellow.com, should come up on google, wear mine every day and it really helps..

OP
T

Tile Shop

Swimming is one of the best for core and back problems. Did it for a long while as I had back trouble. Everything was fine. Stopped swimming and spine has all gone to sh!t again.

-7 @antonio

OP
F

Flintstone

Andy, I talked with Him about the belts, and he said they actually make your core muscles worse as they artificially give you support which means your putting less demand on your muscles and they get weaker. He said If your in your mid 50s and you just want to get by a couple of years before you retire then a belt might work but at my age with many years ahead of me, avoid the belt and build core strength!

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock