Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
How you ever managed in that ensuite job where you had about 1sq m of working room is beyond me marc!

Had a think about it today, and because I don’t use any x large format, generally the longest cut I’m likely to make is 600, a Ketter size table top is the perfect size for me, so I’m looking to get a one piece tressle/stand that I can put a top on, similar to the thing John suggested. Something light weight also

OP
O

Old Mod

Planning and making most of available space I spose Andy.
Every aspect of my work is different really, and good organisational skills are essential.
You have to plan every tile, from selection, to fabrication to installation.
You have to consider the fitting first, can it actually be done, once that is decided the rest has to be carried out, very carefully. Haha :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've not had a back problem since I stopped keeping my wallet in my back pocket ( seriously... )

Many moons ago in a past life I used to cover 30-40k mikes a year and had trouble with my back and down my right leg, primarily in knee, doctors had it x-rayed, couldn’t find anything wrong. Sent me to physio and he asked me what my job was, told him what I did and he asked if I kept my wallet in back pocket. Same as you Paul, never put my wallet in back pocket now, as it puts your spine out of alignment, same as driving with your arm leant out of the window, it slightly twists your spine

OP
W

WetSaw

Exactly the same John, driving to and from Italy all the time. My Osteopath looked at me standing, from behind, at my first appointment and said " You keep your wallet in your back pocket"!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Exactly the same John, driving to and from Italy all the time. My Osteopath looked at me standing, from behind, at my first appointment and said " You keep your wallet in your back pocket"!

Same as my physio when he asked if I do a lot of driving, he knew straightaway what the doctors and consultants didn’t

OP
O

Old Mod

So Andrew, to get completely back on track :D

Just been to you know where :rolleyes:

9ACE9ED3-291C-4609-B2A2-552C791D560F.jpeg 9FC49A00-286D-49F0-A5BD-7CC46CD9A8D6.jpeg C5A5254B-554A-4D33-A8CD-3035E1B56E98.jpeg 7592E9BC-9448-4488-8AA4-9897A2ACF2EF.jpeg

OP
O

Old Mod

They didn’t have a Mac Alister one set up only the wolfcraft, and I must say it felt really well made and sturdy. Metal framed, not like the keter benches at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Spare Tool

Just got the Mac Allister bench myself as you know Marc, really quick and easy to set up and break down, sturdy enough and with piece of kingspan ontop of it and should be up to your height Andy

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock