Discuss Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

I know what I said and stand by it . I believe it was advice but what I think was wrong is that he was I insulted on a personal level . That sort of behaviour is not going to get sponsors involved in the forum and will ultimately lead to its closure .

I never singled out anyone Jerry, if you wish to take it personally, that’s your issue to deal with I’m afraid, not mine.

My sole point was that if someone doesn’t want your advice, they’re not obliged to take it, no matter how bent out of shape you or anyone else gets.
So say you’re piece and move on, you can only lead a horse to water can’t you.
If in your opinion you’ve given clear concise advice on an issue, then that’s all that can be asked of you, and I expect no less from a trusted member.
But what I don’t expect is members to go on and on and get visibly twisted at the response they get.
If they don’t want help, then that’s fine, the important bit is that you have conducted yourself in a manner befitting the forum, and not some know it all on some other platform.
Sponsors can see for themselves that we, as a forum, have given the correct response, that’s what matters.
I’m sure all sponsors can empathise when it comes to clients of theirs that choose not to take professional advice.
What I’m sure sponsors wouldn’t want, is to get involved in a thread that has got out of hand, and you should know by now I’m just as happy to put anyone in their place, whether they be established or new members, even DIYer’s, I don’t discriminate. (Unless you’re a mate :p)

And just to be clear, my post was aimed at no one in particular, it was a general statement.

W

Waluigi

Interesting that you mentioned a couple of times that it wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular. Hmmmm.

It’s ok, they don’t call me old Rhino skin for nowt ;)

O

Old Mod

I thought throwing insults was fine as I’ve had them thrown at me.

Well I’m here to tell you, the last place they are expected is the welcome forum. Go figure!

If fellow professionals want to have a slanging match, they can, doesn’t bother me.
What bothers me, is WHERE they choose to do it.

W

Waluigi

It was aimed at me. Hence the comment about Rhino skin. Seriously though, it was tongue in cheek, hence the winking smiley. :)

I think we all need to take a deep breath aaaaand relax :D

W

Waluigi

Yeah I think I mentioned that earlier. Perhaps I should PM those on iggy so they can return the favour.

O

Old Mod

It was aimed at me.

I wouldn’t flatter yourself Andrew, it was said entirely without prejudice to EVERYONE.

.....,and I don’t mind naming someone if I think they are singularly to blame.

I hope that belays your feelings of being singled out.

W

Waluigi

No, I’d like it in triplicate and signed in blood. ;)

Jesus wept I’m in an alternate universe now. Someone is a bit stressed out.......

O

Old Mod

Jesus wept I’m in an alternate universe now. Someone is a bit stressed out.......

No Andrew, I’m not stressed, I’m making my position crystal clear, you’ve just not been around long enough to realise.
That’s not your fault tho, and I’m sure you now have a better understanding of what will and won’t be tolerated.

W

Waluigi

No Problemo, El Capitan.:thumbsup:

I’m sorry I don’t know how to communicate with you anymore so I won’t.

Reply to Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks