Discuss Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
Just a quick message to say hello.

My name is Marty, I have recently completed a tiling course and have been putting together a tool kit and van.
I have been looking through this site for a while now and always admired the work posted.
Got a couple of jobs lined up, a kitchen splash back and a wetroom.
So hopefully should be the start of a new career.
Cheers guys
Marty.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome Marty,

I admire your confidence, tiling course to a wetroom! o_O

Any advice needed just ask:)

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!
I can see what you mean about the wetroom but I think it will be fine.
As you have mentioned I will have public liability insurance so if it goes pear shaped at least the customer will be covered.
Cheers guys
Marty

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
The course was a 2 week intensive.
I have worked as an estate agent for 15 years but just lost interest in it.
The course has tought me lots so I feel confident of good enough results to get paid and pick up more skills as I go.
As they say you have to learn somewhere.
Cheers guys
Marty

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Best bet would be to go with a pro Tiler...........you can’t call yourself a Tiler after 2 weeks. Do jobs for family and friends to get experience, but to go out charging for hi end work, and wet rooms..........don’t do it.

Sorry for being brutal ;)

Reply to Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks