Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Marmox Showerlay 360 in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Bill

Please checkout the following advertisement.
The chrome frame was screwed down as far as it would go, so its nothing to do with the height adjustment. They were thick tiles so should clear it perfectly, I even used a 6mm trowel. I will ring marmox and see what they say.
5mm is not thick in tile terms.

B

Bill

User error then, sorry but you are going to have to rip it up - it is possible you could get away with taking a 3 inch section around the drain to see if you can screw it down further or push it in further then retile.

It all depends on how well the tiles are stuck.

I redid a shower tray last month that had failed and managed to take a small section of tiles out.

OP
J

jwn

TF
Reaction score
How can I screw it down further if it is already screwed down as far as it can go? Tile size is fine I checked with marmox. I'm starting to wonder if there is another drain frame screwed in.

O

One Day

I've had this problem in the past with a marmox showerstone but they are discontinued now I think and used a similar setup. I ended up cutting a few mm off the adjustment ring so it would sit lower and then gluing it with solvent weld in place.
Not sure how you'll get on now though.
I think they're a rubbish design with unclear and unintuitive instructions.

OP
J

jwn

TF
Reaction score
I had thought about trying to shave off something to get it down, not sure how I would go about making the grate thinner.

I thought the showerlay seemed like a solid product but I agree about the instructions, seem out of date.

For future what would people recommend instead?

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
The screw-in grate frame is height adjustable and to give this a greater range, a circular 4mm extension inset is also supplied which attaches to the base of the screw section thereby making that screw section 5mm longer. If the insert is not used, the frame sits flush with the tray however if the insert is used the frame will not go as low and therefore if thin tiles are used they will not sit at the correct height.

OP
J

jwn

TF
Reaction score
Well that explains it then. Shame there doesn't seem to be any mention of that in the instructions? Unless I missed something. Sounds like it's relatively easy to rectify. Thanks

B

Bill

Well that explains it then. Shame there doesn't seem to be any mention of that in the instructions? Unless I missed something. Sounds like it's relatively easy to rectify. Thanks
Like I posted earlier - before you rip the whole lot out, try to take about 3 inches of tiles from around the drain and you may be able to release the drain cover - if you can, then check to see if you have the extender fitted etc and then lower the drain and retile.

OP
J

jwn

TF
Reaction score
Like I posted earlier - before you rip the whole lot out, try to take about 3 inches of tiles from around the drain and you may be able to release the drain cover - if you can, then check to see if you have the extender fitted etc and then lower the drain and retile.

Thanks Tom, I have managed to get a row of tiles off without damaging the showerlay too much. I've unscrewed the chrome frame from the thread on the showerlay , there doesn't seem to be any adapter just the black flange that seems to be part of the tray.

The chrome frame has actually come apart from the threaded plastic part, does anyone think it would be ok to bed the chrome frame with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/? Obviously it won't be screwed in.

I'll post a picture, could tilefix comment on this please ?

How do you add picture on mobile ?

Last edited:

Reply to Marmox Showerlay 360 in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock