Discuss Marmox Boards Advvice in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kevboy

TF
Reaction score
Hi could I use 6mm Marmox Boards on an upstairs chipboard wetroom floor that will then have u/f heating installed and then tiled or should it be 10mm

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes you can Kevboy! I fitted 6mm marmox onto 18 mm ply in a wetroom this afternoon , then installed heating matt , then slc , going back tomorrow to tile. Always works for me

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there a reason for 10mm in a wet room ???
Everyone on here say 6mm on floors for the step going into the room, with 10mm you would have prob about a 25/30mm step into the room , what's the difference in a wet room ?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there a reason for 10mm in a wet room ???
Everyone on here say 6mm on floors for the step going into the room, with 10mm you would have prob about a 25/30mm step into the room , what's the difference in a wet room ?

10mm will give better insulation for the ufh and make it work more efficiently. .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
10mm will give better insulation for the ufh and make it work more efficiently. .

Oh, I understand that, just thought there was a reason in a wet room,[emoji33]also I never saw the UFH bit [emoji85]
Still think 6mm will be better , the step would be even bigger , 10mm'UFH,SLC addy then tiles, be a bloody trip risk , health and safety would have a field day [emoji15]

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Oh, I understand that, just thought there was a reason in a wet room,[emoji33]also I never saw the UFH bit [emoji85]
Still think 6mm will be better , the step would be even bigger , 10mm'UFH,SLC addy then tiles, be a bloody trip risk , health and safety would have a field day [emoji15]

Not if you upsell this to the customer, more profit!!! You're missing a trick here Craig haha

P1645-500x500.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Dish out a hard hat and high viz aswell to anyone using the bathroom and I can't see a problem. .:lol:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Id put 6mm down , just so i don't have to wear my PPE Everytime i go for a shower [emoji41]i can't see the thermal thingamabobs being that much different in a little bathroom,

T

Time's Ran Out

With it being a 'wet' room I'd be more concerned with the lack of tanking rather than a 4mm of insulation.

Reply to Marmox Boards Advvice in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks