Discuss Mapei mapegum on walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Prbmoran

Hi,
I have just finished tanking my shower ready for a re-tile. I have got loads of the mapegum left over. Is there any advantage to putting that on the rest of the painted plaster board walls (after priming) ready for the new tiles? I have tried to get off the paint that is there but i think its just a thin mist coat that seems 'soaked in' to the plaster.

I suppose my question is, is there any advantage to putting the mapegum on to improve adherance with the adhesive and tiles as I will be using a bagged mapei adhesive and they are designed to go together.

Any ideas or would it just be a waste of time/ resources?

Cheers

F

Flintstone

Hi,

No benefit of that at all. Be careful with the paint. Wet it and it will,probably scrape off if it's emulsion

Reply to Mapei mapegum on walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks