Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. ismoat Building Products

Discuss MAPEI LAUNCHES KERAQUICK XL FIBRELITE ADHESIVE in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Mapei UK Marketing

Mapei UK Marketing Tilers Forums Official Sponsor TF Official Sponsor

Keraquick XL Fibrelite is the latest lightweight flooring adhesive from Mapei. Fibre reinforced, Keraquick XL Fibrelite has the properties to fix sizes of large format tiles up to 1500mm x 1500mm in both residential and commercial installations.

With a high yield, the cement-based adhesive is suitable for installing porcelain, ceramic and non-moisture sensitive natural stone materials to floors, including those with electrical underfloor heating systems. When hardened the adhesive is frost and water resistant which means it is suitable for both interior and exterior applications.

Jason Brunt, Ceramic Product Manager at Mapei UK commented: “Mapei have developed Keraquick XL Fibrelite to help the tile installer achieve 100% contact with the popular larger format floor tiles we see today, with less effort. Mapei’s new adhesive mixes to the ideal semi pourable consistency contacting the tile fully to the substrate with ease.”

Keraquick XL Fibrelite is a powder adhesive manufactured at Mapei’s UK factory in the West Midlands. Composed of a mixture of special cements, selectively graded aggregates, synthetic resins, fibres and setting accelerators, Keraquick XL Fibrelite develops a high bond strength only 90 minutes after setting which allows for installations to be completed very quickly; floors can be walked on and general foot traffic allowed after 12 hours.

For more information about using Keraquick XL FIbrelite in your project, email [email protected] or call 0121 508 6970 to speak to Mapei’s dedicated Technical Services Department. View the full range of products for Ceramic at www.mapei.co.uk.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Simon Dale

Simon Dale Professional Tiler

I don’t use rapid for large format ? Anyone else ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Don’t understand why manufacturers keep coming out with new fast setting adhesives all the time. Surely if you ask most tile shops that supply to professional tilers they would would see that 80% bought would be standard set 20% fast set. I only use fast set on small bathroom floors that I want to grout same day eg

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  4. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

I only use rapid if I have to get back on it quick or say an entrance hall to a house

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. jcrtiling

Also what is semi pourable . Does it pour or doesn't it , which is it

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. callatiler

Yes what does that mean?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Adey1980

Adey1980 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

I use a lot of rapid set as that’s what my local shop stocks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. callatiler

You must be fast or wasteful:D id be wasteful

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jcrtiling

You want to have a word . I'm sure others would buy as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

My working life would be hell without rapid set, but I’m more commercial than domestic.

11. Adey1980

I have mentioned before, might be worth having another chat

12. Adey1980

I always add an extra bag on quotes just in case.