Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Tile Adhesive

Discuss Mapei Latex Plus required over SLC? in the Adhesive and Grout Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. adibell

adibell Active Member

Hi,

I’m doing tiling for my first time in our bathroom. I had wooden floorboards, which I’ve primed, used tile adhesive and screws with backer board washers at 30cm centres to fix tile insulation/backer boards to cover over, then installed UFH, and covered with 10mm Mapei ultraplan renovation SLC. On the walls I’ve used MR plasterboards, and tanked the wet areas with Mapei’s Shower kit.

I have a few bags of keraquick, and am just about ready to start tiling...My question is should I be using latex plus in my situation. I’ve seen that it should be used over floorboards but is it necessary over the SLC? What about on the walls? I know it’s piece of mind for some situations, but it’s still pretty pricey stuff, especially if I don’t really need it!

Thanks in advance,
    Adrian