Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mapei Anthracite grout ruined Tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Anyone else used this grout before and had the same problem? Absolutely gutted, ruined all my hard work,time and money putting up tiles. Now have to take everything down. Nightmare. Any recommend grout that does not do this. I used ultracolour plus before and never had an issue, so don't know if its the ceramic tile or a combination of both.

Untitled-1.jpg

D

Dumbo

Have you considered that the tiles were already scratched but didn' show until you got some dark pigment in . I have used a lot of Mapei ucp in fact I am using the 113 cement grey now. I have used the 114 anthracite before and not had this problem . I would probably point the finger at the tiles and not the grout . Maybe get a tile check it for scratches ( rubbing with a grubby hand normally works ) and then rub some grout on it and see if it scratches. I will be very interested to know the outcome .

OP
T
Reaction score
Have you considered that the tiles were already scratched but didn' show until you got some dark pigment in . I have used a lot of Mapei ucp in fact I am using the 113 cement grey now. I have used the 114 anthracite before and not had this problem . I would probably point the finger at the tiles and not the grout . Maybe get a tile check it for scratches ( rubbing with a grubby hand normally works ) and then rub some grout on it and see if it scratches. I will be very interested to know the outcome .
No, that's the first thing I checked. Found a few people who had this same problem with anthracite. I used ultracolour plus grey grout before too no issue. I the process f removing them. :(

OP
T
Reaction score
OP
T
Reaction score
Personally I don’t beleive the grout has done that, I think they were already scratched prior
To grouting.
Maybe. Bit cant see with my eyes, unless grout brought them out. but heard a someone on here have the same problem in the past, also a couple reviews. I will be extra careful and inspect tiles individually next time.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Those are some pretty nice grout lines you have there. Is that 4mm?

Thanks its appreciated. Took me two days including the new sockets, moving a gas pipe and some shopping for trim.
5mm. Originally they wanted 2mm but I made a board up with 3 tiles at 5mm (just with a cartridge https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/) and grouted and they sat it on the worktop for viewing; so that's what we have. Tiles replace blue shiny paint (its not tiled on paint) - nice.

D

Dumbo

Maybe. Bit cant see with my eyes, unless grout brought them out. but heard a someone on here have the same problem in the past, also a couple reviews. I will be extra careful and inspect tiles individually next time.
As I said earlier pigment in grout got in scratches or as you say grout brought them out .

Reply to Mapei Anthracite grout ruined Tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock