Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Manual tile cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Afternoon All

My vitrex Big Clinker tile cutter is now needing to be replaced, nbefore I o ahead and purchase a new one, was wondering what your thoughts are on the different makes.

I have seen the Husqvarna series that looks good for the price for large format tiles, and was then looking for maybe a montolit for the smaller ceramics.

Cheers
Mark

OP
T

tiler burden

if you like the look of sigma and montolit, then why not have a look at the new rubi's ti66s and the ti-t ...same type of cutters only they'll be better because everyone knows that italians dont make reliable machinery lol ;0

ed

OP
T

TheWrightTiler

i mainly use a genesis 630mm with a rubi wheel, cuts all fine

had to get the bigger rubi though for larger tiles

have to say dont like the feel of the rubi tho

andy

OP
T

TilingLogistics

if you like the look of sigma and montolit, then why not have a look at the new rubi's ti66s and the ti-t ...same type of cutters only they'll be better because everyone knows that italians dont make reliable machinery lol ;0

ed

I don't know which way to take that comment? Do you mean the Italians are rubbish or they produce the best?

Kev

OP
T

tiler burden

hi grumps

ferrari are renowed for breaking down. honestly mate they need tuning frequently and their electrics are useless. i know a few people with ferraris and my wifes uncle has 1 and 2 lamborghinis and they are a pain in the ***. he's a stock broker in seven oaks, kent and he loves them but hates them if you know what i mean....change you cutter to a rubi grumps but keep your bmw ;0) you and me will at least agree on that :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

tiler burden

a very valid point there swe...

but rubi way way way out sell sigma and montolit put together so in the words of robbie williams, ' you cant argue with popularity, well you could but you'd be wrong'... :8:

seriously tho, i would use any brand, if they do the job and they are reliable then i would consider anything. my dad swore by sigma and i know alot of fellas on here are more than happy with montolit so they must bee doing something right:thumbsup:

regards
ed

OP
S

sWe

you cant argue with popularity, well you could but you'd be wrong'... :8:

...is a logical fallacy, but let's not get into a discussion of that type, mkay? I'm ****ing knackered today, been digging drains out of concrete floors with a jackhammer :thumbsup:

And it's not like Rubi is the leader in all markets. They seem to be popular in the UK. Conversely, the vast majority of tilers in Sweden seem to use Sigma. Aparantly, the Irish like Sigma alot as well.

seriously tho, i would use any brand, if they do the job and they are reliable then i would consider anything. my dad swore by sigma and i know alot of fellas on here are more than happy with montolit so they must bee doing something right:thumbsup:

Rubi produce some good cutters (for the most part anyways), but they don't suit my style of working very well. Everyone to their own :thumbsup:

OP
R

riggers

got the new rubi ti 75 ,its the dogs ,far superior than the ts plus,s or huskys,having owned both.:thumbsup:

Reply to Manual tile cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock