Discuss Manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mwss77

Afternoon All

My vitrex Big Clinker tile cutter is now needing to be replaced, nbefore I o ahead and purchase a new one, was wondering what your thoughts are on the different makes.

I have seen the Husqvarna series that looks good for the price for large format tiles, and was then looking for maybe a montolit for the smaller ceramics.

Cheers
Mark

H

hillhead

I've been on the sigma range now for 3 years and love em,
very strong and reliable,even have their big water saw weighing in at 60 kg !!
great cutters

F

floydyboy

I got the same problem myself mark after doing a large amount of homework i am torn between 2 , the husky and the rubi ts60+ however the husky does look the b****cks in the videos.Dave carrs recomendation has done it for me but i will wait for the tile showin the London excell to see if the 2 are on show and take it from there, and hopefully a bit of show discount lol:thumbsup:
----
forgot to say i use a small montolit for the splashbacks:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fekin

I have the Husqvarna TC670 and I think it's a brilliand cutter, though I am looking at replacing my small cutter soon and have no idea what to get really.

F

floydyboy

Fekin so u recomend the husky 670 have u used any of the rubi cutters coz the more info i get the better it would be good to know an oppinion from some1 that has used both :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I have tried both but not really used the Husky over a length of time. I found the Husky inferior to a Rubi which i thought was a shame as i was thinking of getting one. I may still get the smaller one for normal tiles but i wouldnt use it on larger stuff. Just my opinion though.

G

Gazzer

Personally i would go for the TX700 but this is more £ than the Husky. I feel it would be a better buy over the coming years though.
Just my opinion.

D

Daz

I use a Montolit 24 for small ceramic jobs and splashbacks etc. Have used a big Montolit but preferred the Rubi TS-600,so use that for nearly everything, now.

Helped a mate do his floor yesterday and we used my Rubi for 410 x 410 ceramics, he loved it! He's a painter and decorator and said he now wants to buy a Rubi 'cos he enjoyed using it so much - saddo???

C

chille

I have a few Rubi's and in all fairness they do a good job day in day out for a very long time, my oldest is 8 years old and the one I use nearly every day so she has cut a lot of tiles and I think it will do another 8 years easy. :hurray:

M

mick86

i have just started but thought the sigma was really good big thick bar that will not bend an it has the little circular hole that can be used to knock holes in the tile for pipes useing your pin hammer if you have no power on site

M

mwss77

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies on this - couldn't reply any sooner as my sons mate spilt his drink over the laptop!!!!

Anyway, I am purchasing a montolit 26PB for small format - see Kwiksplit.co.uk for great deals. They are selling for £83.50

if any one knows where they are cheaper, let us know

Cheers
Mark :thumbsup:

P

pjhawthorne

Bought a Rubi TS600 then realised it was useless for any diagonal that wasn't corner to corner due to fixed breaker (useless for tiling a floor laid out at 45 degs to the wall). Took it straight back and consulted these forums (thank you!!). Then bought a Masterpiuma 63P2, which has been brilliant on 9mm porcelain at all angles and cuts some impressively small slithers cleanly when re-using offcuts.

Reply to Manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks