Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Manual cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, I am in the market for a new cutter, I don't want it for one particular tile or size but would only say it would have to cut 600mm. Wet saw is sorted so I'm good there. I have read all the threads on here but from what I've seen it is impossible to get any answer. Is it really just personal choice like it seems or is there one make and or model that really is head and shoulders above the rest??

P

Peter

You won't regret the Sigma. Plenty of people have went from Rubi to Sigma, but noone I've heard of has ever switched from Sigma to another brand. Tells you something.

S

Sigma UK

That's true Wingn. Even their electric machines last a lifetime. If i remember the 10M9 table top cutter has a sliding bed with a 3hp motor! it also has unlimited cutting length so you can push through any length. I have known guys who have had them over 12years with no problems. Like you said say's something.

R

ruairi mac

Sigma all the way for me guys. Had my 600 cutter for 7 years or so now probably changed the cutting wheel half a dozen times if that. My mate has the 900mm version and its top quality!!!!!

G

garretridge

i have both rubi and sigmas started out rubi and now i only use the sigmas once you get used to the pulling action its cutting power is far surperior to any cutter ive used!:thumbsup:

S

Sigma UK

It's clear that the Sigmas are all round quality cutters. I think some stores need to listen to the tilers on this site and start stocking these cutters!. I want to be able to go to my local and get these types of products along with any new products that hit the market. Not just a selected few brands. Stores need to speak more with their customers and ask them whats new or what you use?.

OP
gamma38

gamma38

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It's clear that the Sigmas are all round quality cutters. I think some stores need to listen to the tilers on this site and start stocking these cutters!. I want to be able to go to my local and get these types of products along with any new products that hit the market. Not just a selected few brands. Stores need to speak more with their customers and ask them whats new or what you use?.
Good point. I really want to have a good look and play before I buy. But no one stocks them. They are just an internet only cutter. Bummer.

S

Sigma UK

I had a look on their website in the UK and they have a few places stocking them. Would be nice to look through the range your right gamma. I want to see a face before spending a few pounds. I will keep pushing my local to stock them. Maybe if we all did the same we would have more around. Quality!.

Reply to Manual cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock