Discuss Manchester College Closes Wall and Floor Tiling Department! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
"So sad manchester college is to close it's tiling department due to cuts, this is such a lost to people and apprentice ' who want to learn the trade ,thanks for your patience and giving me knowledge about this wonderful trade Alan brown your a brilliant tutor."

Just had this in on one of our social media pages.

Gutted to hear another actual genuine college stop it's courses in tiling!

O

On one

"So sad manchester college is to close it's tiling department due to cuts, this is such a lost to people and apprentice ' who want to learn the trade ,thanks for your patience and giving me knowledge about this wonderful trade Alan brown your a brilliant tutor."

Just had this in on one of our social media pages.

Gutted to hear another actual genuine college stop it's courses in tiling!
I think Northumberland College at Ashington shut their tiling course a few years ago as well.
A sad,sad decision that will be regretted....but not by the people who made the decision to shut the course.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Northumberland College at Ashington shut their tiling course a few years ago as well.
A sad,sad decision that will be regretted....but not by the people who made the decision to shut the course.
We're running out of ways for people to get into the trade that aren't involving independent training centres.

O

On one

I
They are still advertising wall&floor tiling apprenticeships on their web site.
I do apologise and take my comments back if that is the case.
They definitely did cancel the course(possibly to rebuild that block?) and might have restarted the course.
Well good luck to everyone doing their course,I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps started them again then.

Hopefully the manc one sees the light?!

Can't believe it I can't. A college stopping a course that's needed now more than ever.

S

SCCB

Damn it. So it's true.

Bastards.

Who's making this happen!?!?!

The Government have implemented a 25% cut on adult funding, it is for lack of a better word killing all adult provision that is supported by funding from the Government. I'v been teaching for the best part of 6 years now and this is our enrolment week and its never been this slow..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Government have implemented a 25% cut on adult funding, it is for lack of a better word killing all adult provision that is supported by funding from the Government. I'v been teaching for the best part of 6 years now and this is our enrolment week and its never been this slow..
Is there anything I can do to help?

Reply to Manchester College Closes Wall and Floor Tiling Department! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks