Discuss Makita grinder running slow in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dumbo

My Makita 18v battery grinder is running half speed ( approximately . I havent measured the rpm ) is this likely to be brushes or something more terminal . Went to check the brushes by removing and inner and outer cap but couldn't do it . Any advice would be appreciated

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The outer cap is probably covered in adhesive!! Just use a screwdriver and they will pop off.

The inner ones are threaded. If I remember correctly they have a slot in the middle of them so that you can get a flat head screwdriver and turn them. Failing that use a thin nosed set of pliers to give them a good turn.

Take out the brushes, again by prising them out with a screwdriver.

The slowness of your grinder is probably the worn brushes!

OP
I

Italy

they may not be the brushes,
lately the brushes have a copper wire inside,
when the copper touches the winder, the block is immediate.
the grinder no longer works

OP
D

Dumbo

It wasnt that bad
20180729_194421.jpg
20180729_200107.jpg

About 15min and ÂŁ11 later its fixed .
Spoke to a local tool guy he reckoned
ÂŁ30 Labour and about ÂŁ30 bits .
All parts I used genuine Makita from local builders merchant . At ÂŁ30 Labour I reckon ÂŁ120 an hour , nice work if you can get it .

OP
O

One Day

I always give my tools a clean after use.
You know what they say : Look after your tools - and you'll be late home to an angry wife...

(but at least your tools will be clean!)

Reply to Makita grinder running slow in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer