Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Low temp floor tile fixing in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Mario

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys soon i have to do a garage floor but weather is not the greatest.
All tile adesive diferent brands it not recomanded below 5 degree.
I am puting antifracture mat down.
My question is if anyone fited tiles under 5 degree temp and if there been problems?
Thanks

O

Old Mod

Why risk it, if every https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturer says the same, then you gotta think there’s actually something in that guideline that is true.
Ie don’t fix below 5degrees.
Make the client add a couple of space heaters or something in the garage and raise the temp to an acceptable level.
I’m sure it wouldn’t take much, unless of course we’re talkin commercial size garage.
And even if you are, it’s far cheaper to safeguard than it is to replace.
That’s just my opinion tho, but I would insist on heaters if it was necessary to tile it now.
I really don’t get the idea of cutting corners to save 5% cost or whatever.
Replacing it costs 200% more, let alone initial outlay.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Did a barn conversion with Limestone in early January got customer to do the same. It only hovered above 5 degrees ! Not safe and not good working conditions. He now wants it sealed told him minimum 10 degrees constant for 2 days !

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've had to sack off a little porch job next week as it's going to be too cold.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi John we shouldn't I remember working for a contractor early 90s The adhesive was icing up he said thats fine lol !!!!! I left site and him

O

One Day

And make sure your tiles aren't brought in from the outside.
Very cold tiles can thermally shock the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

G

GoneGuy

What is the size of the area?
Not only would the air temperature be low the concrete substrate could possibly be colder.
As said get some space heaters in there and bring all the tiles inside as well.

Reply to Low temp floor tile fixing in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock