Discuss Lots of defective tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TilingPeter

How many bad tiles do people find? Do you often need to return large quantities of tiles?

I decided to cut a tile this evening and ended up spending the whole time searching for a good tile to cut. I went through 3 boxes and found 1 good tile (6 per box)! My first few boxes were very good. Out of the first 4 boxes 3 of them were all good and one box was awful. I've now hit 3 bad boxes in a row and will need to order more. I've almost finished a wall now so I can't change tiles now.

They're British Ceramic Tiles, and after tiling I've heard that they're not very good. The defects I have vary from tiny scratches, to water spot type marks and pimples.

I would usually expect to have mostly good tiles and a few with minor defects which can be used in less visible areas. However, I'm getting about 4-5 unusable tiles plus one which is barely ok, but not good enough for an eye-level tile. Would tile places usually be happy to replace the boxes?

D

Dumbo

I f they are substandard take them back . That is nowhere near acceptable. Any product should be of merchantable quality. I don't get anywhere near the numbers you are talking about if anything just the odd one gear and there but mostly not at all .

T

TilingPeter

Here's a picture of some spots (circled with a marker). These are the worst ones so far.

Spots.JPG

G

GoneGuy

I think I will be doing the same as a bathroom I’m booked in to tile is all bct tiles, wall and floor.

Reply to Lots of defective tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks