Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Loose tile over underfloor heating in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Jennifer Robyn

Please checkout the following advertisement.
We have prowarm electric mat laid on concrete base. Ceramic tiles 600x 150 mm laid on top. One tile makes a ‘cracking’ noise when walked on; assume this is a sign it is loose. The grout is still intact.
Is there any solution that doesn’t involve ripping my hall floor up.

OP
Q

Qwerty

I would suggest carefully cutting that one tile out and gently break it up to avoid damaging the UFH. If it was a professional, can they not return to rectify?

OP
J

Jennifer Robyn

Unfortunately I doubt they could. We will try to contact them, but need a plan B.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Carefully rake out as much grout as you can, then cut the tile from corner to corner using an angle grinder, so a 'x' is made in the tile. You need to make sure that you don't cut deeper than the depth of the tile or you could cut the UFH.

Have you considered offering the job to a pro on this forum?

OP
J

Jennifer Robyn

Carefully rake out as much grout as you can, then cut the tile from corner to corner using an angle grinder, so a 'x' is made in the tile. You need to make sure that you don't cut deeper than the depth of the tile or you could cut the UFH.

Yes

Yes, think that’s the best option. I just needed to find out the answer wasn’t ‘ rip the whole floor up’!

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

As per @Plan Tec Tiling - get someone off the forum to look at it - I'am sure there'll be a queue!
Make sure you've got spare tiles before you start and switch the electric off before you cut into the floor.

Reply to Loose tile over underfloor heating in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock