Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Looking to remove tiles in Bathroom (need advice) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
R

Romelee

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
If you settle on delta then ******************* (forum sponsor) will sort you out

Many thanks for that website, got some real good stuff at a much better price:)

Jay

OP
R

Romelee

TF
Reaction score
No problem. You have the plumbing side etc in order?

Yep, i will be doing that myself, fully researched how to take shower unit off and replace new sink, replaced a sink and toilet in another property i lived in before....will also be putting all new fixtures on the bath and sink.

I have done tile loads of times, just never done tile when it comes to removing walls, i would tile it myself but my arthritus says no:(

Old age is starting to kick in, and they say life starts at 40:confused:

Jay

OP
R

Romelee

TF
Reaction score
If you go with the Brighton tiles remember to add 30-40% more to allow for glaze faults, chipped edges and completely different sized tiles I’m talking 2-3mm.

I fit a fair few BCT tiles, they are not all bad but these ones will be.

Keep back all the bad ones and get a refund from where you buy them from.

I have decided to get better tiles as i don't want to spend lots of money getting someone to tile it only to find out the tiles are poorly made, gonna have a look at Brookes tomorrow.

Also how would i know a bad brand over a good brand?

Jay

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Also how would i know a bad brand over a good brand

price and experience. And taking advice from a decent supplier. It should also be noted that expensive doesn’t mean good also

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I don’t really think you will until you start to fit them.

I have used tiles from Spain, Turkey, Italy, all over and you will get good and bad from most places.
Don’t forget, a higher price will not always ensure better quality tiles, from my experience anyway.

Reply to Looking to remove tiles in Bathroom (need advice) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock