Discuss Looking for some tiling advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

smathers

ooking for advice , I’ve had someone in tiling walls , but am really unsure about the finish....the cuts seem really ragged and edges and off at certain places , now I’ve not had tiling done before so unsure what grout covers and if what’s been done is acceptable , I’ve put a hold on the work for the time being. Can anyone tell me if this is ok , I’ve posted a few photos thanks . Sorry for all the photos just a bit worried

6AA16493-A7DC-4C7D-BFEA-FCC937F9B9DA.jpeg 6A9B50B7-29F8-4A03-8F17-8B6D38DF79D7.jpeg FC4A8966-3EB2-434A-89EC-4545DEE2FD29.jpeg C02A2BDE-3486-477E-A11C-86B6760D091B.jpeg AC8B1F20-1236-4C3E-A7DE-F52654143EC8.jpeg 9D51EF34-C7C0-47D3-9154-C796DD64FD99.jpeg 17475122-5F14-4C59-AFDE-65F025994F3B.jpeg

G

GoneGuy

That is a bad finish, good job you stopped them.
Is this person claiming to be a tiler

S

Spare Tool

White grout and tidy siliconing will make it look a bit better, especially the corner cuts, but won't hide the bond all going to pot and bad cuts, cheapest quote by any chance?

J

Just Rizzle

how did you get this guy . was he recommended to you. how much research did you do on him . or was he the cheapest quote?

S

smathers

White grout and tidy siliconing will make it look a bit better, especially the corner cuts, but won't hide the bond all going to pot and bad cuts, cheapest quote by any chance?
Hi there, by no means was he the cheapest , we were also employing him to do our floor , which is a much more expensive tile . Like I said I’ve never had any tiling done before so am very unsure what’s acceptable , the grout that he was meant to be doing was a dark grey/ black which was making me more concerned about the finish , I really appreciate your reply thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smathers

how did you get this guy . was he recommended to you. how much research did you do on him . or was he the cheapest quote?
Hi , he came recommended by my joiner that does work for me , and I also checked his reviews on my builder and Facebook , he is also employed by a tiling company , he wasn’t the cheapest quote at all , and the pictures of his prior work looked good , really annoyed what’s happened , not letting him anywhere near my floor tiles now

W

WetSaw

the grout that he was meant to be doing was a dark grey/ black which was making me more concerned about the finish

Absolutely correct to be concerned about the finish. That colour grout is only going to highlight all of the problems.

S

smathers

Absolutely correct to be concerned about the finish. That colour grout is only going to highlight all of the problems.

Thought so , looks like I’ll have to cut my losses and see if any of it can be salvaged or start again ..... glad it wasn’t my floor , hopefully I can get someone a lot better this time .

W

WetSaw

The majority is probably OK, just a few cuts need to be replaced and a change to light grey grout will help enormously.

J

Just Rizzle

you have taken a lot of close ups have you got some of the areas covered in full. i presume its a kitchen above the work tops and below the cupboards

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi there, by no means was he the cheapest , we were also employing him to do our floor , which is a much more expensive tile . Like I said I’ve never had any tiling done before so am very unsure what’s acceptable , the grout that he was meant to be doing was a dark grey/ black which was making me more concerned about the finish , I really appreciate your reply thanks.
Give the dark grout a wide berth.. I suggest you grout all in white to help mask it.... but don’t let him do anymore.. unfortunately not a good installation..

Reply to Looking for some tiling advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks