Discuss Looking for advice on the best Laser Level? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

what is the first quality of a laser?
the leveling accuracy per linear meter
and the leveling speed. (the line must not sleep
must move quickly).
and lastly, the thickness of the line.
I understood this after so many lasers purchased.
the price is the last thing to evaluate, otherwise take
an axis and the level.
good night ;)

O

Old Mod

What @Simon Dale means is that the imex beam doesn’t appear to be as strong as the dewalt, so it appears a lighter colour.
And because the strength of the imex is a little under the strength of the dewalt the beam seems marginally thinner.
But the room in which we did a quick comparison wasn’t very large at all, so there may have been more reflection from the dewalt.
So we’re going to put them in the warehouse where we are, that way we can get a true reading of their strength.
This is the warehouse.

46863804-1F31-455F-BF79-963B27FFFE3B.jpeg

We’ll soon get an idea on the strength of each laser.

Simon is right tho, the magnets on the Imex are woefully lacking compared to the dewalt.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
What @Simon Dale means is that the imex beam doesn’t appear to be as strong as the dewalt, so it appears a lighter colour.
And because the strength of the imex is a little under the strength of the dewalt the beam seems marginally thinner.
But the room in which we did a quick comparison wasn’t very large at all, so there may have been more reflection from the dewalt.
So we’re going to put them in the warehouse where we are, that way we can get a true reading of their strength.
This is the warehouse.

View attachment 105283

We’ll soon get an idea on the strength of each laser.

Simon is right tho, the magnets on the Imex are woefully lacking compared to the dewalt.
And if I had asked around could have bought it for £350 :eek::eek::mad:

W

Waluigi

The Dewalt magnet is incredible.

Still prefer the adjustment system on my Bosch which was a third of the price. Love the Dewalt though regardless. Line is really nice. Not tried any other brands

B

Bill

Is a green laser much harder to produce than a red one hence the price difference?

I am not great at physics so could one of you boffins explain, please?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Id like a picture of it shining on the floor, cos the green 10v dewalt is absulute pants on the floor, its good and bright on walls and ceiling , but the fkoor one is rubbish!

O

Old Mod

Id like a picture of it shining on the floor, cos the green 10v dewalt is absulute pants on the floor, its good and bright on walls and ceiling , but the fkoor one is rubbish!
Never had a problem on floors Craig. Have you tried lifting it off the floor few inches so that it can get over any lumps and dips on floor?

O

Old Mod

Said I was gonna test against Imex laser other day.
For now here’s a couple of images to show difference. The Imex is the top line, it’s slightly taller than Dewalt.
Dewalt line sits 125mm off floor.
The two lines on the timber are in a fairly bright area to be honest, next to large windows and in a well lit warehouse.
The distance from laser to timber is exactly 8m.

4DDE421D-8D98-47C8-AB68-94A7A830BD12.jpeg

DDE93B93-2994-4D05-BD8E-78704EE06525.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Looking for advice on the best Laser Level? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks