Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Looking for a tiler's apprenticeship in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

TenTiles

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I am situated in London and aged 27. I am looking for an apprenticeship to become a professional tiler. I am not sure if this is the right subforum. Thank you

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's fine in here. You done any tile at all?

It's bloody hard find an apprenticeship these days I can tell you that (only from what I see on here over the years).

The large firms tend to sub out to 'qualified' tilers or ones with experience at least.

We get a firm or two post in our find a tiler forum who are national and looking for tilers but those two tend to not want to set on unskilled.

There must be a few heads on here who have asked recently that can perhaps tell you how it's going for them. Whether they spot the thread is another thing.

Might be worth digging through the forum to see if you can find some people who asked this time last year see how they're getting on now.

This search might help : site:tilersforums.com apprenticeship - Google Search - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Atilersforums.com+apprenticeship&oq=site%3Atilersforums.com+apprenticeship+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.22267j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

OP
T

TenTiles

It's fine in here. You done any tile at all?

It's bloody hard find an apprenticeship these days I can tell you that (only from what I see on here over the years).

The large firms tend to sub out to 'qualified' tilers or ones with experience at least.

We get a firm or two post in our find a tiler forum who are national and looking for tilers but those two tend to not want to set on unskilled.

There must be a few heads on here who have asked recently that can perhaps tell you how it's going for them. Whether they spot the thread is another thing.

Might be worth digging through the forum to see if you can find some people who asked this time last year see how they're getting on now.

This search might help : site:tilersforums.com apprenticeship - Google Search - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Atilersforums.com+apprenticeship&oq=site%3Atilersforums.com+apprenticeship+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.22267j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Dan, I haven't done any tile before but have been reading about it a lot so have gathered quite a lot of information in regards to the process. Thanks for the link. ^^

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Go into your local tile shops, leave your details with them so they can pass your info on to tilers who come in. Be willing to do a couple of days for nothing just to shadow the tiler and time to impress and convince him to take you on.

Reply to Looking for a tiler's apprenticeship in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock