Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Lithofin Stain Stop: before or after silicone sealant? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 50416

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there

I'm a DIYer restoring a shower in my house. The tiles are limestone. Grouting and tiles have been throughly cleaned - and grouting sealant applied. I'm now ready to apply Lithofin Stain Stop. Should it be applied before or after silicone sealant?

If before, how long must I leave it to cure before applying the silicone sealnt? Tin says it takes 5 days to fully cure - must I leave it that long?

I'd be most grateful for any advice.

OP
D

Deleted member 50416

I usually seal, leave 24hrs and then silicone. Remember to use a neutral cure silicone on stone
Thank you so much for that advice....absolutely brilliant! I'll get the sealing done today and research the sealant. Many thanks again!

Reply to Lithofin Stain Stop: before or after silicone sealant? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock