Discuss Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Agree with the comments so far, they need charging for, wouldn’t put them on the quote/invoice tho, it would be the same as putting spacers on when people used them.
To be fair if your doing a 35m ish bathroom of 60x30’s it’s only bout 25-30 quid so worth it for the better finish in the end imho

T

Time's Ran Out

The more competition the lower the price will become - eventually.
I would not show it as a breakdown cost as customers would assume a professional tiler should be getting them level and lippage free anyway. However as a progressive development in our industry it's just another tool/consumerable required to attain that near perfect job. The increase in meterage has to make them cost effective.

Reaction score
So many tilers using clips these days? Won't be long before DIY enthusiassts become part of the competition I fear. I hope for the professionals on here that I am proved wrong, but can't see it going any other way.
'Endorsed and used by professionals' will be their tag line on the shelves of Wicks / B&Q.

S

Spare Tool

So many tilers using clips these days? Won't be long before DIY enthusiassts become part of the competition I fear. I hope for the professionals on here that I am proved wrong, but can't see it going any other way.
'Endorsed and used by professionals' will be their tag line on the shelves of Wicks / B&Q.
You have read Mp3's how to tile a room then :):)

D

Dumbo

Anti lippage clips doesn't make the job idiot proof and I should know .

Reaction score

It doesn't worry me, the levelling clips are great for what they do but they aren't fool proof, you still need the skill and experience that only a pro tiler would have

Reaction score
I guess it's like Brexit, let's revisit it in say 2022 and all will become clear.

On the cost issue, if I can't eat anything that I purchase associated with undertaking my work - I charge for it. It's an overhead

S

Spare Tool

Search it in the DIY forum, just goes to show clips don't make any difference if you don't know what your doing in the first place ;)

B

Blunt Tool

I remember my tradesman saying same about manual tile cutters as he scored along the 6x6 opal whites with his scriber! He didn't use clips with them either

Reaction score
Genuinely sorry if I touched a nerve? Or maybe I didn't. I'm not getting the messages in your replies. Anyway, I'll leave it there as no doubt time will tell and I sincerely hope that I'm wrong about these clips. The consequences arent great if my pessism is correct

Reaction score
There just there to help that final part of tiling. If you can't tile these aren't tiling skills in a box!

Thanks for the reply. I laid 40 sq/m of wood effect porcelain 1200 x 200 this week. Absolutely flat as a pancake. I'd defy anyone to find fault. Work undertaken for a landscape gargener who knew his levels. He not only commented positively on the work but tipped me like never before. So, trust me, she was spot on.
What I fail to understand is, why would I use clips. Why add costs to the job?

Sorry no pics as I'm back in a fortnight to do backsplash so didn't take any yesterday

F

Flintstone

IMG_3660.JPG

I have also done many plank jobs with no clips, and no lips, but that was with planks that are not bowed, as I'm sure your tiles weren't bowed either other wise you would have lips! Clips can bend bowed planks back to straight to remove lips. Also, for large format tiles, there is essential. Have you not used them before ?

Reply to Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks