Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I don’t use them on most jobs, only rectified tiles, or tiles larger than 600x600 and on bowed planks. Many tilers have started using them after 10,20 30 years without them
So
Probably outside going thru 3 ton of sharp sand with a sieve for tomorrow, and Retacking their tackety boots before bathtime with their carbloc soap and Vera on the radio singing about cliffs!
You dont know much if its sharp sand you are using either maybe you need your clips for all tiles ,just saying

F

Flintstone

Having a Wesh
74396773-0A6B-41F7-8143-4700B5BE4215.jpeg

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Some folk should just leave the sand and cement outside if they dont know what theyre talking about lol i tiled the toilets on Noahs arc ,had no clips so thats all they would let me do

B

Blunt Tool

Some folk should just leave the sand and cement outside if they dont know what theyre talking about lol i tiled the toilets on Noahs arc ,had no clips so thats all they would let me do
You need to wind your neck in mate and forget about what you call a third leg, you are not the only one on here who has been in this game for years the only difference is that most of us are willing to try new materials tools and techniques and usually find they help and not hinder us

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You need to wind your neck in mate and forget about what you call a third leg, you are not the only one on here who has been in this game for years the only difference is that most of us are willing to try new materials tools and techniques and usually find they help and not hinder us

B

Bill

Tiles were not bowed when I started plus they were not above 400mm in length and we used wider joints. Only narrow joints were on stone floors which generally were polished if they needed a snooker table effect.

I started tiling with sand and cement, all my tiles/stone were flat so it was up to me as the layer, to ensure that I could get the floor flat.

With ready made screed, bowed tiles, bigger tiles, thinner grout joints and now rapid set adhesive.... clips are a no brainer.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And you need to learn how to scroll past something pal if it doesnt interest you the last few posts where light hearted pal if you would care to take a proper look also explain where i said i was the only one on here been tiling for a while just remember mate this forum is for all so im thinking its you that needs to wind your neck in like i said light hearted until you had to jump in all guns blazing,shame if this gets shut down now

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tiles were not bowed when I started plus they were not above 400mm in length and we used wider joints. Only narrow joints were on stone floors which generally were polished if they needed a snooker table effect.

I started tiling with sand and cement, all my tiles/stone were flat so it was up to me as the layer, to ensure that I could get the floor flat.

With ready made screed, bowed tiles, bigger tiles, thinner grout joints and now rapid set adhesive.... clips are a no brainer.
Hi Tom
Just try the clips next time you get some bowed 1200 planks Brian then tell us what you think?
Deal?
Just try the clips next time you get some bowed 1200 planks Brian then tell us what you think?
Deal?
Its a dea
Deal?
Its
Deal?
Its a deaits
Deal?
Its a deal but only if my customer is willing to pay the extra for the clips and the exta time its going to take,may be ill try something else i have never done ,that is charge day rate if it all comes together dont worry i will come back on with appolagies and hold my hands up
Deal?

JASON

TF
Reaction score
Anybody have a link to a full set of these clips.only 1 shop near me sells them and I’m not paying there prices haha

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks