Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Genesis clips work out at £2.20 per Meter on a 600x300 tile. Andys cheaper ones work out at about £1 per meter

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the clips don't bend the tiles into place, you put pressure on till the tile is flat and then drive in the wedge, keeps it perfectly flat. I use them on all floors now, especially now with the rectified edge stuff as those corners can be sharp. I show them to the customers and they love the fact I go the extra mile to give them perfection. no need for spacers either... win, win.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Totally irrelevant full estimate Brian!
Totally irrelevent ? Never had a customer yet who doesnt want to know how much the job is going to cost or near enough to a few quid,you must work for the very rich and dont mind what they pay,think i need to move to yorkshire what i give is a quote not a estimate

H

hmtiling

QUOTE]
Totally irrelevent ? Never had a customer yet who doesnt want to know how much the job is going to cost or near enough to a few quid,you must work for the very rich and dont mind what they pay,think i need to move to yorkshire what i give is a quote not a estimate
You might get some jobs like that if you clip some of those bowed tiles

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Another thing i cant understand is that someone said that theese clips made the job quicker,dont see how that can be but maybe i must try them as most customers want you out of the way as soon as,or am i wrong there also?

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And while we are on the subject where are all the tilers that dont use them only two have come forword and i m not having it there is only three that dont

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Another thing i cant understand is that someone said that theese clips made the job quicker,dont see how that can be but maybe i must try them as most customers want you out of the way as soon as ,or am i wrong there also

F

Flintstone

I don’t use them on most jobs, only rectified tiles, or tiles larger than 600x600 and on bowed planks. Many tilers have started using them after 10,20 30 years without them

B

Blunt Tool

And while we are on the subject where are all the tilers that dont use them only two have come forword and i m not having it there is only three that dont
Probably outside going thru 3 ton of sharp sand with a sieve for tomorrow, and Retacking their tackety boots before bathtime with their carbolic soap and Vera on the radio singing about cliffs!

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks