Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Afternoon chaps

I've got a job coming up and the developer has spec'd the use of lash clips on the floor tile. The tiles are 600 sq super white polished porcelain, 2mm joints and he wants the clips to be used to ensure no lips/shadows etc. Aprox 200mt area with a huge glass wall and bi-folds etc.
Now I don't normally use them so havn't a clue if they are worth using but he's adamant they are to be used on this job as its spec'd by his client and they will be visiting site so my question to you is....

- What system is the best?
- Is there a nack to it? Wetter https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?
- Is it going to slow me down and should I charge more for the faffing about and not just for the clips?

Thanks in advance

OP
stone tiler

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
OK looking at Raimondi its 1.5mm or 3mm. He can have that option

Q

Qwerty

I use the 1.5mm raimondi and use 2mm spacers. Job sorted!

I factor the cost of clips and extra labour into quote. It will slow you down slightly. I tend to mix up addy as I normally would, no need to mix it any different IMO

O

Old Mod

Probably the easiest way in to using clips is with the Raimondi style clips and wedges.
If u can wait a week for delivery this company is used by quite a few members and the quality of the product is good.

Clips Block Level: tile leveling system - FerramentaWeb

The 2000 clip deal is very good value.
Wedges, u don't need so many as they're reuseable and u only really need as many as u can use in one day, as next day they're removed, unless you're using rapid of course.

I'd suggest getting the pliers too as its new to you.
The reason I think the pliers are useful is because when tightening by hand it's very easy to push the clip away from u which in turn opens the joint. And if u don't notice it causes obvious problems.
And for what they cost, I think a useful tool.

Yes it helps to have a slightly wetter mix I feel when using clips, and forget the old wives tale about them pulling other pieces up when tightening and causing voids.
If the previous tile is fully bedded correctly, when u tighten the next one, it will snap long before it pulls the tile up.
Watch for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ build up around the clips when bedding in, it's just a pain having to rake joint next day.

I believe it speeds the process of laying tiles up, u bed the tile to where u want it, and instead of spending time adjusting to get edges perfectly flat, the clip pulls it in that last mm or 2.
Yes it takes a little practise to get the pressure of tightening correct so that u don't snap them, but after half a dozen or so, u should get feel for them.

Remove clips when the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ has set by using a rubber mallet with a sharp tap to the side, this causes the clip to snap free.
If you are too gentle you increase your chances of leaving part of the clip behind which will need to be cut out.

Personally I prefer the Rubi style but they are more expensive and take more practise.

Hope this gives u an idea of what to expect.

J

J Sid

got 4000 left, offers ?
WP_20160607_18_14_56_Rich.jpg

S

Stef

I've just went back online & they have upped their price to €95 from €72 the last time I bought my clips in bulk.

Reply to Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock