Discuss Layout advice/opinion please in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Evening all. I know it’s Saturday night and probably the last thing anybody wants to think about. Buuut. After some help please.

Tiles 450x450mm. Floor and now walls as well (different colours)

1. Room height is 27mm over full tile. Could split, will leave 100(ish) cuts over raised shower tray. They want a tiled upstand in front of shower tray so thought about carrying this round the whole room. 420 over tray and about 370mm to ceiling.

2. Would be nice to match floor and wall joints. Not sure this will be possible in both directions unless I ignore how the shower tray and bar mixer fall in the tiles.

I’m probably overthinking it all, I like to try to get things to fall nicely with tiles but so many factors here that affect things so would appreciate your input/abuse o_O

Oh and I have been kindly supplied with 15 tiles for the floor. The exact amount needed. I will however have about 2m2+ spare from the walls.
Thanking you wonderful people in advance. I need a beer.

D13CF499-0C72-4375-9081-325F8F4BE2CA.jpeg EA3EE9B8-D76B-45FD-A75A-DC40E76C1115.jpeg 8E0D2743-106B-421B-857C-767229E88810.jpeg E889ACB4-89A5-41D4-B753-C34F8A77B3CB.jpeg

B

Blunt Tool

The 420 over tray and 370 to ceiling sounds best to me, if the wall and floor tile are same tile and same grout I would be running wall and floor joints same and try to have best layout possible but always going to be a compromise somewhere

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
The 420 over tray and 370 to ceiling sounds best to me, if the wall and floor tile are same tile and same grout I would be running wall and floor joints same and try to have best layout possible but always going to be a compromise somewhere
It would have 120mm cut around the whole of the bottom matching the up-stand for the shower tray then full tile off that leaving almost full tile off tray. They are the same tile but different colours. Grey on floor cream on walls and they want grey and ivory grout

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’m probably going to fix the floor tomorrow. Lost a day to prep due to change in tiles last minute from smaller ceramic to the larger porc on walls. Running out of time before Xmas!

B

Blunt Tool

If 120 at bottom goes round up stand and perimeter then 420 at tray and 370 at ceiling then I’d go for that, still would match floor with walls

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
If 120 at bottom goes round up stand and perimeter then 420 at tray and 370 at ceiling then I’d go for that, still would match floor with walls
Was pretty sure this was the best way going up. On the horizontal there are so many factors and don’t want to end up with the floor looking odd. Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate it. It’s great being able to bounce ideas off people with far more skill and knowledge than me!

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think most of the time the customer would never notice these things and I guess when I walk out the door I will never have to see it again. i just like things to be right (as they can be) o_O

Reply to Layout advice/opinion please in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks