Discuss Laying mosaics over a wet room former in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
hello,

So I’ve been reading a few posts on here about laying mosaics, can’t seem to find anything for wetroom formers that already have the fall built in.

Can anyone give me a few tips to laying mosaics over a wetroom firmer please? Area is around 2.5m2 and custard hasn’t chosen mosaics yet so unsure of the size of tiles.

Thanks in advance
Jay

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
So the custard has bought quartz 30x30 mosaics (need sealing). I’d really appreciate some help on this as I’m laying them tomorrow

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Stating the obvious use a trowel with a notch big enough to get a good hold but not to big to bleed through and use a suitable adhesive I've bin using kerakoll no limit recently it's really nice to use

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh sorry this thred had me confused lol
Just dry lay the tiles first ur best going on YouTube search sal diblasi he's very good u just have to be careful America has different standard and requirements then Britain but his workmanship is top notch and videos are very informative I watch all his stuff

D

Dumbo

Check with the tray manufacturer that they are happy with the point loading of a 30 x 30 .

Reply to Laying mosaics over a wet room former in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks